Terms and Conditions
Conditions of travel
OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd creates private travels and exclusive tours. OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary of any of its tours and arrange alternative carriers to those advertised if necessary. No refunds will be given in these circumstances or in the event of any delay, curtailment or alteration of a trip resulting from any cause including severe weather conditions or mechanical failure. Components of trips and private travels are weather dependent and OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd cannot be held liable if trip components are not available on the day of travel. OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd cannot guarantee pick up or drop off times and is not liable for passenger failure to connect with other services or any associated costs resulting from such delays. We accept no responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings or baggage.
Third Party Service Providers
OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd provides Guests with travel and/or other services either acting as itself or acting as agents for principals engaged in or associated with the travel industry, such as airlines (‘collectively referred to as ‘the Principal’). OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd represents the Principal as agents only and accordingly accepts no liability for any loss, damage, injury, illness, harm or death which any Guest may suffer as a result of any act or omission on the part of or the failure of the Principal to fulfil their obligations, whether in relation to travel arrangements, accommodation or otherwise unless, in the case of injury or death, it is due to the negligent act or omission of the Company. The contract in use by the Principal (which is often constituted by the ticket issued by the Principal), shall constitute the sole contract between the Principal and the Guest and any right of recourse the Guest may have, will be solely against the Principal. OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd will provide the identity and terms and conditions (or access thereto) of all the Principals relevant to the service being provided for the Guest’s booking. It’s the Guest’s responsibility to familiarise themselves with such terms and conditions.
Registration and payment policy
All registrations must be accompanied by a deposit of 40% of the amount of the trip. Remaining balance is due no later than 60 days prior to tour departure date.
A non-refundable credit card surcharge of 3% applies on all credit card transactions for the deposit and final payment. Other forms of acceptable payment methods include: cash and bank transfer. Please note: payment policies may vary from the above and are subject to change at any time.
Late payment may also result in cancellation of the reservation. The Guest undertakes to pay OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd interest at a rate of 5% above the prime rate charged by OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd’s bank on any payment made after the due date.
Prices of our personalized tours and private travels are calculated according to the rates for ground and air service providers known at time of publication, and the exchange rates published on that date. They are subject to change according to variations in exchange rates, the cost of the transport, taxes and fees. Until OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd has received payment of the Price in full, it reserves the right to charge any fluctuations to the Guest’s account and the Guest undertakes to pay for any such fluctuation on demand. Airfares are subject to the price and conditions quoted by the airlines and cannot be guaranteed by OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd (this applies especially regarding airport taxes for the entire journey).
Inasmuch as the airlines reserve the right after a certain period of time to close the availability of seats in a given booking class, it is possible that when you register there will be no more places available in that class, or even with the company itself. In this case, we would offer you a different price from that published in our brochure. Furthermore, as certain musical events and their ticket prices have not been finally determined at the time when we go to press, their programs and prices may be changed.
In addition to the amount for the services included in each program, prices include our organizing costs and business margin. This is a lump-sum price that cannot be broken down. No challenge concerning these prices will be considered after the customer returns. It is up to the customer to determine before his departure whether the price is acceptable to him.
Any cancellation must be made known by registered letter with confirmation of receipt. The date of receipt of the registered letter shall be the date taken into account for any refund. The payments made will be reimbursed, after deduction of the amounts indicated below:
- more than 90 days before departure: 30% cancellation charge for the trip, plus -when applicable the amount of plane tickets and performance seat if not refundable.
- from 90 to 61 days before departure: 80% cancellation charge for the trip, plus -when applicable- the amount of plane tickets and performance seat if not refundable.
- from 60 days to the date of departure: 100 % of the amount of the trip.
In the case of cancellation, expenses external to the trip and incurred by the customer (transportation to the trip departure point, visas, vaccinations, etc.) cannot be refunded.
Minimum Passenger Numbers
Should the Guest be a group booking and the group number deviate from the number required for the Booking, OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd may reserve the right to re-cost the price and raise a surcharge. Should any Guest refuse to accept and pay such surcharge, it may result in OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd cancelling the booking and retain any payment made (OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd will be entitled to retain any service fees charged).
Public tours require a minimum number of passengers to operate. Minimum passenger numbers differ between tours and are subject to change at any time. In circumstances where minimum numbers are not reached an alternative may be offered. If a tour is cancelled due to minimum passenger numbers not being reached, passengers will be offered an alternate tour option or be provided with a full refund of the tour cost.
We make every effort to safeguard our guests, OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd cannot be held liable for any damage, injury, or loss of any kind caused by or resulting from any act or omission by its employees, agents or contractors. OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd also assumes no responsibility for any act of negligence, act or omission whatsoever by any company whose services are used as part of packages provided, including but not limited to activity and accommodation providers.
OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd guarantees customers’ satisfactory completion of the planned trip, within the limits of the guarantee owed by the service providers involved in executing the trips. These service providers retain their own liabilities vis-à-vis each traveler as pertinent to their business under the terms of the laws regulating them. Hence the organizer is relieved of liability, in the most common cases:
- Change in musical program or cast. The cast mentioned in our brochure is the cast known at the time it was prepared. Furthermore, in the event that shows are cancelled (because of strikes or for other reasons), only the price of the seats will be refunded, without this giving rise to cancellation without charge of the trip itself. Finally, only the subscription to the optional insurance with cast guarantee enables to cancel a stay if an artist bows out of the performance included in the stay.
- Failure to present ID or health documents or presentation of documents that are expired or of insufficient validity (ID card, passport, visas, vaccination certificates, etc.) or documents not conforming to the prescribed formalities. In the case of failure to check in (including being late for embarkation), 100% of the total amount of the trip will be withheld and will not be covered by the cancellation guarantee. The organizer may not be held liable for the customer’s failure to register at the trip’s place of departure caused by an air, rail or ground delay, even if this delay is the result of a case of force majeure, “bad weather,” an act of God or of third parties, or of social upheaval. In the case of pre- and post-trip connecting travel arranged by you, we recommend that you purchase modifiable and refundable services that you allow reasonable time between airports/stations.
- Accidents of various origins as part of safety instructions not followed.
- Unforeseeable and insurmountable incidents or events caused by a third party extraneous to the organizer, such as: wars, political disturbances, strikes, technical incidents, crowded air space, bad weather, delays (including delays in courier services used to send travel documents), breakdowns, baggage loss or theft. The cases cited above and any resulting changes in itinerary may not give rise to any compensation of any kind, in particular because of a change in the length of the initially planned program or late arrival for a connection. Any additional expenses associated with a disruption (tax, hotel, parking, etc.) will be borne by the customer.
Travel insurance in not included in the tour price. OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd does not require passengers to hold travel insurance. It is strongly advised that all Guests take out adequate insurance cover such as cancellation due to illness, accident or injury, personal accident and personal liability, loss of or damage to baggage and sports equipment (Note that this is not an exhaustive list). OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd will not be responsible or liable if the Guest fails to take adequate insurance cover at all.
Please note that various credit card companies offer limited levels of travel insurance, which OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd does not consider sufficient cover for international travel. Kindly check with the respective credit card companies in order to obtain the specific details of the cover.
If Guests wish to purchase travel insurance, this must be obtained by a third party insurance company. Policy information must be provided prior to the tour departure date if travel insurance is purchased. Your insurance protection must include coverage for cancellations, medical and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death and loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance.
Travel documents (vouchers, itineraries etc) are only prepared and released on receipt of payment of the Price in full. Upon receipt of your travel documents, please check that all the details therein are correct, as well as on your personal section.
Passports, Visas and Health
It is entirely the Guest’s duty to ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time, and will be valid for six months after return to home country and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactic (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained. Please check the requirements with OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd before travelling. OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd will endeavor to assist the Guest but such assistance will be at OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd’s discretion and the Guest acknowledges that in doing so, OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd is not assuming any obligation or liability and the Guest indemnifies OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd against any consequences of non-compliance. It is the Guest’s duty to familiarize him/herself with the inherent dangers of and mental and/or physical condition required for the Proposed Travel Arrangements. Please note that all visitors are required to have a minimum of three blank pages in their passport excluding the front and back cover to enable the entry visa to be issued. However in each case a further enquiry should be addressed to the consulate or embassy of the relevant countries being visited. If there is insufficient space in the passport entry will be denied and the person is likely to be detained pending return to their country of origin. Please ensure that all passports are renewed. The Guest must ensure that the details supplied to OLIVIER VOYAGES (Pty) Ltd mirror those details shown on their passport for international travel and ID documents for local travel. As a guideline, passports should be valid for 6 months after your scheduled return to home country.